I specialize as a freelance developer for big and small companies. My various customers include Apple, Chanel, and some smaller profile people, but my approach of all these clients is that they deserve the best of my efforts, whoever they are, and whatever the need.
I specialize in Mac OS X software, although I sometimes do web applications, BSD/Linux tools, Java programs, etc.
Since Mac OS X is a pretty extensive API collection, I had the opportunity to specialize in some fields. I am not restricted to them, but these I know in depth:
- QuickTime: the media layer in the OS. Handles everything from movies to images, as well as audio. It's an incredibly complex framework, but due to my various contracts in the cinema and video areas, I am quite proficient with it
- CoreAudio: while QuickTime handles audio playing, it can't really do audio effects and adjustments. CoreAudio is the tool for that.
- CoreImage/CoreGraphics: the image manipulation library, complete with filters, compositing layers, and effects. Very deep in the system, it's a must-use whenever big images with stunning effects are required
- CoreData: a framework for handling object-oriented data in a reusable and optimized way. It has its few quirks and tricks.
- Foundation/Appkit: the core of the OS. It's where you manage all the data in memory, and on-screen. Writing tools for the cinema industry made me push the limits of these frameworks farther than the documentation intended.
I just keep here a few projects I have done on my free time. I hope it will be useful, someday, but I don't take it too seriously either
Here is the famous Import to DVD Studio Pro, an AppleScript droplet that was used during my days at Apple. It doesn' work on the more recent ones, since Apple has dropped the scriptability of the pro apps.
This is a Java project that is not very interesting on its own, but that uses quite a number of reusable tricks.
I have here a prolog section that contains a few example programs. And this is a Java section that contains a Java version of majordomo. It is not fully functionnal, but I guess the basis is there.
A project I am rather proud of: DesInstaller, a small utility that is used to remove Apple's pkg installs.
A small tool that helps me a lot for my daily/nightly work: AlphaBeta (beta phase right now).
My teacher's utility : Highlight